Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mainau

My friend and fellow expat, Alicia, and I have been dying to go to Insel Mainau.  Which is a beautiful island renowned for its gardens and flowers. 
I wonder if my dad could pull this off?



Gorgeous Italian waterfall flowers.



Inside the butterfly house which boasts 80 different species. 



Thank you Penelope for taking a great picture of your mom and me outside of the castle!



Penelope with a goat in the petting zoo.  I'm not sure if this is the one we let escape out of the pen.  Whoops!  Nobody seemed to care, but as soon as that goat got out it was GONE.  Probably headed to some of the best tasting plants.   

Here are some of my favorite flowers:
Lantana camara or Spanish Flag


Hibiscus schizopetalus or Japanese Lantern



Justicia brandegeana or shrimp plant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment