Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Music, Mini-golf, Baseball, S'mores, and an Incredible View

I had a fantastic last few weeks.  I visited my family and friends in Utah and California for a wonderful two weeks. 
My sister had a great idea that if we were to go to a concert the day after I flew out there it would help with my jet lag.  We had a great time at the Gallivan Center seeing Toad the Wet Sprocket (one of our favorite bands).  I went shopping with Mom, made her run me around doing errands and even talked her into a spray tan! 
Since my visit I have come to realize how much I miss my friends and family since being away (1 year and counting).  Thank goodness for Skype!

My friend, Rachel, and her her girls (Ava and Maela) came from Pocatello, ID for a visit.  What else could we do on a warm, sunny day than play mini-golf at Mulligan's?  Brought back lots of memories!  I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long, long time!   


Cousin Scotty and Sis Angie at the baseball game in Brigham City
The family drove up to Ogden to see my cousin, Garren and Jessie's miracle baby, Zaddock and also to see my Grams Payne in Tremonton.  We headed over to Brigham City to watch an awesome double header featuring my cousin, Hunter. 



I love my family....  (Uncle Bob, Mom, Aunt Becky, Uncle Wayne, Cousin Rob and Cousin Scott)


Friends Day!  It was so great to catch up with these girls.  (Ashly Johnson and Heather Ferguson)


Hi, Dad!
Now for some S'mores in the backyard. This is one of my favorite spots on earth! Nothing beats laying on a blanket under the trees with a good book and a diet coke.




At the Santa Rosa farmers market.  I couldn't stop shoveling the fish tacos into my mouth even at 10am! 
Chris met me in Santa Rosa.  Too bad he had to work most of the time... We did get to enjoy a great trip to San Francisco with his parents and eat at one of our favorite places, Fog City Diner. 


Aimee (4 days away from baby day) and me at Coppola Winery in Geyserville, CA
I was lucky to get to see almost everyone I wanted to.  Its hard with summer schedules and vacations.  I feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family surrounding me! 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Back! Almost called you today and then got caught up in the rain. . . as usual. You didn't miss much here - it just RAINED the whole time - as it continues now. Love that you were in Brigham. My grandma just celebrated her 80th b-day on July 3rd and they had a big bash for her right there in town. Sad we couldn't be there. Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete